Designer, Equinox Media - VariisApply
Designer, Equinox Media - VariisOverview
Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Variis, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Variis mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Variis provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.Job Description
It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a Designer to join our growing creative team. The Designer will work across the marketing organization but collaborate closely cross-functionally, including with the product design team.
Great taste is crucial for this role, as is a passion for compelling storytelling across all marketing channels, with a focus on social media. You’ll need to be resourceful, think outside the box, and care about fitness.
You will be responsible for creating a diverse range of visual assets that reinforce, grow, and push our brand forward. Be ready to take on anything from social posts to paid media to brand presentations and maybe the odd physical activation. While it won’t be everyday, basic 2D motion design will be required on occasion.
You’ll have at least eight years of experience creating content for brands, perhaps with some agency experience along the way. Whether you’ve worked at an agency or not, you’ll be comfortable in a fast-paced environment where agility is paramount. And, even working quickly, you’ll be able to support your creative ideas strategically.
You use social media daily, of course, but you also think about how to innovate across platforms and channels to tell brand stories in new, exciting, and engaging ways. You’ll form close relationships with stakeholders across the organization and be able to clearly defend your work to them as it will demonstrate a strong understanding of our members’ perspectives.
Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with humility, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continuously deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward of helping our members pursue fitness every day.Qualifications
- Minimum 8+ years design experience
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Oversee and help design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments across different media and marketing channels
- Foster partnerships with a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, writers, product marketers, and strategist while championing brand standards and design systems
- Partner with the Marketing team to support the overall Variis strategy, with a strong emphasis on creating and supporting a variety of fresh and engaging visual campaigns
- Show proficiency in a variety of design-related software programs such as After Effects, Figma, Sketch, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable articulating ideas and presenting/defending work in front of a group
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment while consistently meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of platform UX/UI standards (iOS, Android, Connected devices) a plus
- Proactively research current and upcoming new digital trends and best practices
- Create engaging, high-impact, and brand-consistent static and motion graphics to be used in banner ads, emails, social graphics, and other marketing collateral
- Push projects forward with minimal oversight; be able to work autonomously when needed
More About You (if you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but have the relevant experience, that's OK -- we still encourage you to apply):
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative Mobile interface design solutions for IOS and Android.
- Strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand identity management, digital marketing and the creative process
- Proficient on Mac with Adobe Creative Suite (Especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and presentation software
- Proven ability to achieve a premium aesthetic quality.
- Able to communicate and defend design rationale.
- Strong layout and typography skills.
- Expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator + Adobe After Effects experience.
- Desire to maintain efficient workflow to meet all deadlines.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.