Design - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Design - Equinox Fitness Clubs
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, Precision Run and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Designer will assist the Director of Design and Vice President of Design in new club, expansion and renovation projects while managing their own projects. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform:
- Assist in the selection of material finishes, furniture, and accessories for new and existing clubs.
- Frequent collaboration with internal Architecture & Planning team.
- Coordination and support in the design process of a variety of outside Architect and Designer consultants.
- Travel with the opening team for new clubs and presale offices.
- Source pricing, lead time and stock availability of FF&E items and finish materials.
- Create and manage finish schedules throughout the duration of projects.
- Organize and track FF&E budgets for new clubs and renovation projects.
- Design and fabricate mood/materials boards for clubs and presale office.
- Order materials samples for presentations, and finish boards.
- Create multimedia PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets in Excel, and text documents in Word.
- Create blocking diagrams, floor plans, interior elevations, and cabinetry details in AutoCAD.
- Manage and implement standard interior signage package. (Send out to vendors for bid, review quote, locate signage appropriately and coordinate installation with construction.)
- Put together Flame Report for the Fire Department in new club districts: Order Flame Certificate from vendors, Complete forms for finishes, and order finishes
- Manage weekly package of deliverables for senior Design team
- Write purchase orders and send them to vendors for fabrication, Process check requests for FF&E and coordinate shipments and deliveries.
- Become familiar with Equinox spatial requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design.
- 3 years professional experience with architecture or design firm.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.