Data Scientist - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Data Scientist - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with youJob Description
We’re seeking a Data Scientist to help us design, build and scale data products to power the decision-making of business stakeholders, as well as personalized discovery systems, and other data-driven features for our members. You will be working in cross-functional teams alongside analysts, software engineers, data engineers, product managers, and marketers to deploy systems that make decisions at a massive scale that enable our member base to pursue their fitness journey across multiple platforms (app, web, TV, connected hardware, in-club). Our team has a high degree of autonomy, and we work on projects that span recommendation systems, forecasting, natural language processing, signal processing, algorithm development, product experimentation and the fitness domains. We build on top of a modern data platform stack with close collaboration from our data engineering and devops teams.
- Liaise with business and technology partners to understand objectives and translate those objectives into data problems, and build data solutions to generate business value
- Build machine learning models, algorithms, A/B testing tools, and other data products at scale
- Build tooling and dashboards to monitor model performance
- Partner with product managers and engineers to design and develop new data-driven features across multiple platforms
- Proficiency in understanding business problems and translating those to data science problems
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience to influence technical decisions to line up with the company’s strategy
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help transform data into products and insights through data storytelling and visualization
- The ability to design experiments, collect data and perform statistical analyses
- Proficiency in Python or another scripting language
- The ability to perform analysis and write data transformations in SQL
- Expertise with several data science and machine learning techniques (e.g., regression, classification, clustering, time series, optimization, recommendation systems, natural language processing, reinforcement learning, causal inference, etc.)
- Experience with a machine learning framework (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- ·Familiarity with git
- ·Familiarity with big data concepts and distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Presto, Databricks)
- Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure as code frameworks (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Familiarity job orchestration in either Airflow, Kubeflow or MLFlow
- Familiarity with serverless and containerized deployments
- An interest in the fitness industry and biometric data.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café services and Shop items
In accordance with Equinox’s policies and our ongoing commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our members, and the community at large COVID-19 vaccines are required for employees in this position. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. In accordance with CDC's definition of fully vaccinated, full-course vaccination is defined as 14 days past an individual's last vaccination dose in their initial vaccine series (14 days past the second shot of a two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine; 14 days past the one-shot Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/ and http://tech.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More