Creative Director - Equinox MediaApply
Creative Director - Equinox Media
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
The ideal candidate is an original thinker and a strong storyteller with a passion for developing evocative and disruptive creative. You have deep experience translating brand + campaign strategies into impactful creative concepts that drive an emotional connection with consumers. You have a clear vision of how a brand should look, feel, and come to life across all touch points. Since we are a new DTC business, it’s essential that you have a strong creative vision, but you can balance that with performance and effectiveness. You must thrive in a culture of ambiguity and innovation and be excited by the prospect of building a new brand and a new company, where you can have a big impact but may need to play a wide range of roles.
Recognizing the team will be small to start, you are comfortable moving fluidly between strategy / leadership / concepting and execution, and have appetite to contribute in both capacities. As you work to grow a team, you have experience building and nurturing an effective creative team spanning art direction, graphic design, copywriting, and creative production, and operate as a leader who mentors and inspires while also working alongside your team.
- Develop our brand book and style guide, building on the foundation developed to deliver a differentiated, evocative brand aesthetic and voice to guide all creative initiatives.
- Bring our brand to life by leading and overseeing all marketing creative development (photography / videography, design and copy) across the channel and medium mix.
- Partner with Product Design and Content (this team owns developing the fitness content for each of our brand partners) teams to ensure a cohesive brand experience across all consumer touchpoints.
- Partner with other leaders + teams (Brand + Integrated Marketing, Growth + Retention Marketing, PR, Partnerships, etc.) to develop creative briefs and deliver campaigns and assets that tell compelling stories and meet business objectives.
- Partner with creative leadership within our partner brands (e.g. Equinox, SoulCycle) to develop impactful creative honoring each brand included, and that is appropriate for the brand channels and audiences targeted.
- Lead and direct all marketing photography, videography, and voice production.
- Build, lead and mentor a dynamic team, spanning art/video direction, design, copy, and production, while also leveraging/leading external agencies as needed.
- Successfully guide the creative process and the creative team’s work from start to finish by managing project flow and prioritization.
- Be a champion for great creative work and continually push the boundaries on what that means.
- 8-10+ years of experience in brand creative direction, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Experience overseeing creative for a high-growth digital company, including both online and offline channels (spanning performance marketing, email and display, to experiential, OOH, and video).
- A strong, dynamic portfolio that demonstrates your creative vision and aesthetic and your ability to elevate a brand across a wide range of platforms.
- Strong experience directly managing and developing a team of designers and copywriters, with the ability to not only lead, but to also coach and inspire.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to partner with multiple teams and brand partners.
- Excellent execution skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and appetite to be a player / coach, both leading and executing as we launch + grow quickly.
- Experience working in a start-up or fast-paced environment, where innovation and rapid iteration is essential and priorities can change frequently.
- Experience driving creative production, including developing and managing to budgets, hiring and managing a producer/PM(s), and creating + managing to creative production processes that deliver assets on-time and on-budget.
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.