Creative Director - Equinox MediaApply
Creative Director - Equinox MediaOverview
Equinox Media was formed with the aim of developing transformative technologies, media, and experiences that inspire and equip consumers to pursue fitness every day, harnessing the power of Equinox Group’s preeminent brands, talent, and geographic footprint. In March 2020, Equinox Media debuted Variis, a first-of-its kind fitness platform powering two products: the Variis mobile app and the SoulCycle at-home bike. Variis provides access to expert guidance from industry-leading brands across modalities—wherever you are, whenever you’re ready. The world has yet to see a more powerful fitness collective, and this is just the beginning.
Equinox Media is a subsidiary of Equinox Group—a high-growth collective of the world's most influential lifestyle brands that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences, and community. Equinox Group's ecosystem of brands also includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, PURE Yoga, and Equinox Explore.Job Description
The ideal candidate is an original thinker and a strong storyteller with a passion for developing evocative and disruptive creative. You have deep experience translating brand + campaign strategies into impactful creative concepts that drive an emotional connection with consumers. You have a clear vision of how a brand should look, feel, and come to life across all touch points. Since we are a new DTC business, it’s essential that you have a strong creative vision, but you can balance that with performance and effectiveness. You must thrive in a culture of ambiguity and innovation and be excited by the prospect of building a new brand and a new company, where you can have a big impact but may need to play a wide range of roles.
Recognizing the team will be small to start, you are comfortable moving fluidly between strategy / leadership / concepting and execution, and have an appetite to contribute in both capacities. You have experience building and nurturing an effective creative team spanning art direction, graphic design, copywriting, and creative production, and operate as a leader who mentors and inspires while also working alongside your team.
- Continue to architect and own our brand book and style guide to deliver a differentiated, evocative brand aesthetic and voice to guide all creative initiatives.
- Bring our brand to life by leading and overseeing all marketing creative development (photography / videography, design and copy) across all channels and mediums.
- Partner with Product Design and Content (the latter team owns developing the fitness content for each of our brand partners) teams to ensure a cohesive brand experience across all consumer touchpoints.
- Partner with other leaders + teams (Brand + Integrated Marketing, Growth + Retention Marketing, PR, Partnerships, etc.) to develop creative briefs and deliver campaigns and assets that tell compelling stories and meet business objectives.
- Partner with creative leadership within our partner brands (e.g. Equinox, SoulCycle) to develop impactful creative honoring each brand included, and that is appropriate for the brand channels and audiences targeted.
- Build, lead and mentor a dynamic team, spanning art/video direction, design, copy, and production, while also leveraging/leading external agencies as needed.
- Successfully guide the creative process and the creative team’s work from start to finish by managing project flow and prioritization.
- Be a champion for great creative work and continually push the boundaries on what that means.
- 8-10+ years of experience in brand creative direction, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Experience helming creative for a high-growth consumer brand, including both online and offline channels and full funnel (spanning campaign, performance marketing, email and display, to experiential, OOH, and video).
- A strong, dynamic portfolio that demonstrates your creative vision and aesthetic and your ability to elevate a brand across a wide range of platforms.
- Strong experience directly managing and developing a team of designers and copywriters, with the ability to not only lead, but to also coach and inspire.
- Highly collaborative, with the ability to partner with multiple teams and brand partners.
- Appetite to be a player / coach, both leading and executing as we grow quickly.
- Experience working in a start-up or fast-paced environment, where innovation and rapid iteration is essential and priorities can change frequently.
- Experience driving creative production, including developing and managing to budgets, managing producer/PM(s), and creating + managing to creative production processes that deliver assets on-time and on-budget.
At Equinox Media, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company We celebrate unique points of views and experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people’s lives.
See what we're up to: https://www.fastcompany.com/90386259/soulcycle-at-home-equinox-announces-streaming-fitness-platform-equipment