Counsel, Privacy & Technology - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Counsel, Privacy & Technology - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, IP & Commercial, the Counsel – Privacy and Technology role will be primarily responsible for supporting the legal needs of Equinox and its portfolio of brands, including Equinox Fitness Clubs, SoulCycle, Blink Fitness and Equinox Hotels, with respect to privacy, technology and commercial matters. This individual must have expertise in privacy regulations and compliance, strong experience drafting and negotiating contracts, and an appetite for learning and counseling within new or changing areas of the law. They should be a business-oriented lawyer with the ability to recommend solutions and strategies to a high-growth business and be able to manage multiple, complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Advise on best practices and compliance for global privacy and data protection laws, including by overseeing all legal and regulatory aspects of data collection and use, privacy notices, data access requests, data security matters, and use of location-based services, biometrics and other emerging technologies.
- Manage CCPR, GDPR and other privacy compliance programs and partner with internal stakeholders to implement new and changing privacy laws.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements, including those related to app/software development, SaaS/hosted services, licensing, data sharing, confidentiality, procurement, consulting, and other commercial initiatives.
- Provide legal support on a variety of digital, technology and commercial initiatives, working closely and collaboratively with product development, marketing, data, technology, and operational teams to design new features and services in-line with applicable privacy laws and best practices.
- Assist in developing and maintaining privacy policies, processes, and procedures and implementing compliance training and monitoring.
- Work collaboratively with and support colleagues across the Legal Department.
- 4-6 years of legal experience handling a variety of privacy, technology/digital and commercial matters, with a focus on transactional and compliance matters.
- Prior in-house experience at fast-paced, consumer-facing business strongly preferred
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- CIPP/US certification and/or prior experience in data or information security fields a plus
- Aptitude for learning and understanding underlying products and technologies
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to assess legal risk
- Exceptional analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills combined with a strong attention to detail
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.