Counsel, Privacy and Regulatory - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Counsel, Privacy and Regulatory - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic lawyer to join our team as Counsel, Privacy and Regulatory. You will be the primary support and voice in the room for all privacy legal matters across Equinox Group and its portfolio of brands, including Equinox Fitness, Equinox+, SoulCycle, Blink Fitness and Equinox Hotels. You will collaborate and counsel across our multifaceted businesses and support general regulatory and compliance programs and policies. Being a business-oriented lawyer who thinks creatively to recommend solutions and risk-mitigation strategies is just as critical to success as your substantive knowledge of laws and regulations. If you are a highly-motivated, organized individual who enjoys keeping up with consumer-facing privacy issues in a changing legal landscape, and counseling in an exciting and fast-paced environment, then this is the place for you.
- Oversee all legal and regulatory matters related to data privacy and security, including by managing CCPA, GDPR and other privacy compliance programs.
- Counsel business teams on privacy-by-design and the use of emerging technologies, such as biometrics and location-based services.
- Advise on best practices for compliance and regulatory matters across the organization, including by developing, maintaining and enhancing policies and procedures and implementing compliance training and monitoring.
- Maintain knowledge of current and proposed laws applicable to the businesses worldwide, including CCPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, as well as OFAC, FCPA, and AML laws, assessing impact on various businesses, products and services and recommending changes necessary to ensure continued compliance and mitigate risk.
- Provide day-to-day legal support and advice on a variety of initiatives, working closely and collaboratively with sales, data, technology, finance and operational teams and supporting colleagues across the Legal team.
- 5-8 years of legal experience handling a variety of privacy and other regulatory matters.
- CIPP/US certification required
- Prior in-house experience at a consumer-facing and/or data-driven business strongly preferred
- Excellent academic credentials, including a JD from a top law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the New York bar
- Strong business instincts and acumen and the ability to assess legal risk
- Exceptional analytical, communication and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Local candidates only
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
In accordance with Equinox’s policies and our ongoing commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our members, and the community at large COVID-19 vaccines are required for employees in this position. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. In accordance with CDC's definition of fully vaccinated, full-course vaccination is defined as 14 days past an individual's last vaccination dose in their initial vaccine series (14 days past the second shot of a two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine; 14 days past the one-shot Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/.
All internal employees are encouraged to apply through Internal Job Portal on Connect.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More