Corporate Paralegal - Equinox MediaApply
Corporate Paralegal - Equinox Media
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and
experiences that define it. In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
Equinox Media is seeking a bright, energetic, highly organized and detail-oriented Paralegal with a minimum of 5 years of experience gained at a leading New York law firm and/or in-house (ideally at a technology or Internet company) to join its growing Legal team. In this critical departmental role, the successful candidate will interface with members of every level of the organization to assist the legal team in the management, negotiation and execution of a broad range of corporate, commercial, intellectual property and strategic initiatives and the organization’s day-to-day operational needs.
This position is located in our NY headquarter office and reports directly to the General Counsel and Secretary.
DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES:
This position’s principal responsibilities and duties are wide ranging and include:
Contract Review and Management
- With attorney support, drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements.
- Tracking contract renewals, expirations and other post-execution deliverables.
- Summarizing contractual terms and other business and legal matters, and responding to internal contract inquiries and other requests pertaining to such terms and matters.
- Maintaining organized electronic transaction files for ongoing contract negotiations.
Corporate Secretarial and Corporate Governance Support
- Supporting corporate secretarial function for the company (including subsidiaries), including (i) maintaining corporate records, governing documents, permits, licenses and filings, (ii) coordinating and conducting corporate filings for new and existing entities, (iii) ordering documents from state Secretaries of State and managing the company’s agent in connection therewith, (iv) coordinating notarization, certification and apostille of corporate documents, as necessary, (v) responding to relevant inquiries regarding corporate information and corporate-related matters, and (vi) preparing and issuing powers of attorney, Secretary’s certificates and other documents in support of the company’s operations.
- Assisting with and supporting various strategic initiatives, including m&a, securities, corporate governance and equity and debt financings, such as coordinating and populating virtual datarooms and preparation of disclosure schedules and other documents.
- With attorney support, drafting, reviewing and maintaining intercompany agreements.
Intellectual Property, Litigation and Dispute Management
- Managing the company’s IP portfolio (and liaising with outside counsel where applicable), including assisting with the clearance, acquisition, prosecution and enforcement of trademarks, copyrights and domain names.
- Drafting cease and desist letters and assisting in the preparation of responses to subpoenas and other dispute- related correspondence, as necessary.
- Assisting in the gathering and organization of document production for litigation matters.
- Maintaining internal departmental calendar applicable to dispute-related matters.
Knowledge Management and Functional Initiatives
- Reviewing, processing, reconciling and tracking legal invoices, and maintaining and keeping updated the legal budget.
- Assisting in the development, generation, implementation, maintenance and refinement of forms, processes and procedures.
- Leading various functional projects and initiatives, such as the implementation and maintenance of a new contract management system.
- Developing and maintaining department’s research files and knowledge management processes.
- Conducting periodic employee trainings on relevant legal topics.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Paralegal certificate with at least 5 years of relevant experience gained at a leading New York law firm and in-house.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with music licensing a strong plus
Interpersonal Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate must:
- Be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, creative, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Have a strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment and respect for confidentiality.
- Be extremely bright and intellectually curious but also have an EQ that matches his or her IQ, and the ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees and management across the organization.
- Be able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast- paced, rapidly evolving environment all under tight timelines.
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Be highly analytical and have exceptional business and legal issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal team and with internal clients.
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and expand areas of expertise and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Be energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, hyper-growth company.
- Be collegial, hard working, confident, a self-starter and have a passion for results.
SUBMIT: Qualified candidates please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter explaining your reasons for pursuing this opportunity and why you are the right candidate for this role and Equinox Media.
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.