Consumer Insights Manager - Equinox MediaApply
Consumer Insights Manager - Equinox Media
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it.
In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore.
Equinox Media, the first digital + physical fitness subscription featuring preeminent fitness content across modalities (cycling: SoulCycle; run: Precision Run; strength: Equinox, etc.), is seeking a Consumer Insights Manager that has experience across various research techniques and methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative. This individual will be responsible for developing objectives, programming, deploying, and analyzing research studies. In this role you will lead complex research initiatives with attention to the impact on business strategy. You will define, plan and execute strategies for collecting and analyzing primary research that uncovers actionable insights. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, agile, and have a growth mindset.
- Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources to identify market trends and customer insights.
- Demonstrate applied knowledge across the core phases of the market research cycle: awareness, targeting, acquisition and retention
- Have experience setting research objectives, writing surveys, creating sound sampling and weighting schemes, and analyzing results
- Identify appropriate methodologies based on business and research objectives
- Work closely with vendors to insure successful execution of research projects
- Have the ability to translate complex data sets into clear and actionable insights
- Conduct competitive analysis and evaluate new business opportunities leveraging qualitative and quantitative data and insights
- Support the ideation and development of innovative products.
- Present insights at the executive level as well as the ground level - being able to go deep at the drop of a hat, while also being able to hit the headlines for a quick summary.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strong proficiency in the following: Segmentation, analytics, customer journey mapping, research, testing methodologies & recruitment, focus groups, attitude and usage studies, pricing studies and vendor management, brand positioning, creative concept, data manipulation and combination, visualization of insights.
- Experience synthesizing findings and turning insights into action
- Strong problem solver with curious mindset
- Excellent communication – written and verbal, active listening and organization skills
- Positive attitude; passion for storytelling and being part of a growing brand
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Have a key understanding of the ever-changing landscape of the digital world
- Bonus points for a personal passion for fitness and/or fit-tech
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.