We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Community Manager, reporting into the Director of Social Media Marketing, will be responsible for directly interacting with the brand’s owned followers, the larger digital and social community and encourage community engagement across all digital and social channels to deliver against business objectives and brand KPIs.
The ideal candidate will be a digital and social trendsetter at the forefront of what is now, new and next in the space, and translate trends and platform and community insights to drive engagement and participation. The ability to organize many moving pieces in a fast-paced, creative environment while implementing quality is crucial. He/she must have true social media community building experience at an agency and/or in-house, a strong writing background, experience in translating various brands into the proper tone of voice, and clear examples of how he/she has grown meaningful and engaged communities, bridging online and off-line.
- Directly interact with the brand’s community and encourage community participation through engagement tactics and posts across priority social channels, including Instagram, Instagram Stories, IGTV, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Cultivate growing community participation in all its forms: low-touch (polling), short form (comments), and long form
- Pull together best practices for developing community-specific content
- Field community comments and direct to appropriate person or department for feedback as needed
- Having created thriving Facebook Group/s, community guidelines, a plus
- Partner with PR/Influencer Relations team to maximize impact & integration of paid & earned influencer partnerships across owned channels, help identify micro influencers
- Help support planning and maintain and execute social content calendar
- Support social content creative briefings to drive creative ideas
- Recommend and execute ad-hoc content creation based on short-term business needs, such as trending conversations, competitive activity, and PR activities
- Monitor and recommend exceptional UGC content usage across social and site
- Work with social media manager on a monthly basis, analyze performance across social media channels for insights and optimization. Evaluate and draw insights from data and translate into short & long-term recommendations to improve quality of future content creation and activities
- Be a social media advocate working cross functionally with Equinox teams, ensuring social communities are represented as a critical member and follower touchpoint
- Requires ability to interact across different levels of technical, analytical, creative and business aspects with strong communication and writing skills
- Understand the social media universe and stay current with social media trends, language, outlets, and resources to achieve the best performance on social platforms
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about emerging social media platforms and competitive activity
- 3-4 years of deep experience in community management and building, digital analytics, insights
- Must have advanced working knowledge of social intelligence across a variety of social platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Google Insights/Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with social listening, publishing and reporting tools, analytics and KPI tracking
- Mastery of social analytics, listening and publishing tools, including/not limited to Sprout, Spredfast, Crimson Hexagon, Hootsuite, and native platforms insights
- BS/BA required, with a marketing or communications background
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.