We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking a Communications Coordinator to provide coordination and implementation of public relations, internal communications and influencer marketing strategies. The coordinator will assist in the conceptualization and rollout of various public relations programs that align with Equinox’s strategic goals and enhance name recognition for Equinox and its growing portfolio of brands. The coordinator is responsible for cultivating new and ongoing media relationships and will assist in maintaining and generating positive media coverage on behalf of the brand. The coordinator will merchandise these positive results to internal stakeholders, including executives, the board and Equinox employees via the company intranet. The coordinator will liaise with VIP and influencer talent on behalf of the team, coordinating club visits and generating positive awareness of the brand via priority social media channels. The coordinator will assist as an information source for media contacts and agencies requesting data and insights, and will assist in the development, implementation, and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies and press events, with the goal of gaining continued recognition in the market.
The ideal candidate will possess an uncanny attention to detail, excellent time management skills, creative thinking, and a passion for healthy lifestyle. This person will report to the Director, Public Relations.
- Provide support to the team on diverse communications matters across the Equinox portfolio, including but not limited to Equinox Fitness Clubs, PROJECT by Equinox, Furthermore
- Establish operational objectives and work plans
- Collaborate with marketing organization and field teams for press events, influencer relations, program launches and other company initiatives
- Maintain VIP and complimentary membership lists; act as liaison for influencers and other public-facing members
- Handle daily media inquiries and requests in a timely fashion
- Serve as key liaison with external regional PR agencies; support management of Equinox PR Agency of Record and Influencer Agency of Record
- Spearhead departmental presence on Equinox’s employee intranet, ensuring press clippings are up-to-date
- Support and execute day-to-day PR activities as assigned by the Vice President and Director, Communications/PR
- Schedule internal meetings and takes notes on weekly PR calls for distribution to the PR & Marketing team
- Coordinate photo shoots and act as on-site contact for these events
- Create and maintain media lists and editorial calendars
- Monitor publicity and conduct competitive research
- Organize and manage documents used by the entire PR department
- Work with public relations team to distribute press releases, pitch program launches, event information and imagery
- Compile all weekly and monthly recap reports (daily clippings, weekly corporate emails, monthly PR recaps and influencer/ambassador program); summarize coverage and communications insights for executive media reporting
- Manage team invoicing
- 1-3 years strong public relations and or influencer relations experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications
- Significant experience in media relations, spokesperson training, influencer relations, special events, etc., plus strong journalistic writing skills
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Meltwater and alternate media monitoring services
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.