Birthday Party Coordinator- Sports Club NYApply
Birthday Party Coordinator- Sports Club NY
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
- 70% of this position is sales; including fielding incoming inquiries and marketing parties via newsletters, partnerships, special events, cold calls and maintaining relationships with repeat clients.
- Develop new promotion/sales opportunities by developing relationships with neighborhood businesses and referrals
- Maintain consistent communication with the client throughout the entire planning process
- Complete confirmations and pre-party duties according to the event needs/plan
- Coordinate with department heads to reserve space within the Club for party activities
- Work with Kids Club Manager to design party packages, including pricing, structures, entertainment, etc.
- Manage partnerships with outside entertainers and invoice when appropriate.
- Host and manage Birthday Parties and Specialty Events for the Equinox Kids Department, such as Halloween and Holiday events
- Schedule and communicate with event staff and outside vendors
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining all event supplies and materials
- Respond to members’ concerns, suggestions and complaints in a timely, professional and consistent manner
- Consistently offer the highest level of personalized customer service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and helpful attitude
- Achieve monthly sales and revenue goals and develop new strategies to exceed these goals
- This is an hourly plus commission-based position
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to speak conversational English is required
- 2+ years' experience in sales highly preferred
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends as needed
- Excellent communication, sales, and customer service skills
- Must communicate services with enthusiasm as 70% of this job is sales and management of party planning
- Ability to lead a group of children in age-appropriate birthday party-related activities
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook) is essential
- Requires a wide range of constant physical activities, including but not limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, pushing, pulling, and reaching
- Frequent movement, lifting or carrying
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.