Benefits & Leave CoordinatorApply
Benefits & Leave Coordinator
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Benefits and Leave Coordinator will report into the Benefits Manager and be a key team member in the daily administration of Equinox’s leave of absence programs in addition to supporting the benefits team in the management of the company’s benefit plans.
- The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for leave and workers’ compensation in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of the People Services and the legal team.
- Interprets and administers Equinox leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state and Canadian employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Act as point person for team members with inquiries about their leave and engage with interactive process with employee if necessary
- Manages all administrative aspects of leave and workers’ compensation claims to include providing necessary paperwork to team members, managing our leave administer, updating leave status in HRIS system, calculating and entering pay for team members on leave, ensuring team members return timely, and working closely with the People Services and Payroll teams to ensure that pay for associates is accurate and correct.
- Maintains appropriate contact with all team members on leave and return to work
- Initiates ADA with leave administrator and coordinates with HR on understanding job limitations
- Coordinate data collection for worker’s compensation claims
- Communicate information to employees and former employees regarding benefit plans, procedures, changes and government-mandated disclosures
- Partner with People Services Reps, Payroll, HRIS and legal to ensure employee issues are handled timely
- Assist with the Benefits Department email inbox and respond to employee inquiries in a timely and thorough manner
- Manage Benefit Call Center to ensure employee resolutions are handled timely
- Assist with implementing new processes to support organization growth
- Assist with payroll deduction errors, refunds and additional benefit adjustments
- Assist benefits team with the annual renewal and Open Enrollment projects
- Assist with projects as needed
- A minimum of 2+ years of leave experience.
- Basic understanding of employee benefit plans and the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Understanding of federal and state leave laws and Canadian leave laws
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic. Possess the ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Top-notch customer service and follow-up skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.