Backend Engineering ManagerApply
Backend Engineering Manager
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
In this role, you'll lead a team of 5 - 7 software engineers, working closely with your direct reports while partnering with product, design, QA, and other divisions of Equinox Technology to create highly impactful consumer facing products that are used by our passionate member-base daily.
As an engineering leader, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
Engineering Managers, while not always directly responsible for delivery, are responsible for creating a culture and processes that keep engineers engaged and efficient as they work on their individual projects.
· Manage software engineers that design, build, and maintain technology solutions for Equinox
· Inspire and grow engineers through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work.
· Plan and support career development for the members of your team.
· Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor team in these practices.
· Maintain a high-quality code base, through developing standards and performing code reviews.
· Maintain a balance between building sustainable, impactful solutions and shipping things quickly.
· You have 5+ years of experience leading and managing high performing engineering teams (2+ years as a manager).
· Experience working with at least one of the following: Java, .NET, Python.
· Experience working in an environment that relies on automation and CI/CD to rapidly deliver, test, and iterate on products and features.
· Experience working in an API-driven environment.
· Experience working within a cloud-based environment such as AWS for networking, compute, database, cache, and storage services.
· Experience working with container platforms such as Docker.
· Experience working with relational and non-relational data stores.
· Experience working with teams that are distributed across multiple locations (New York, Argentina, Romania, and India)
· Excellent communication skills.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.