Assistant Controller - Equinox MediaApply
Assistant Controller - Equinox Media
Equinox Group is a high-growth collective of the world’s most influential lifestyle brands, that are disruptive leaders in the convergence of fitness, experiences and community. Its mission is to restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and
experiences that define it. In 2019, Equinox unveiled its new on-demand fitness streaming platform, Equinox Media. This venture blends digital and in-real life experiences across hardware and personalized content representing its portfolio of brands. In addition to the new digital venture, Equinox Group’s ecosystem of brands currently includes Equinox, Equinox Hotels, SoulCycle, Precision Run, Blink Fitness, Furthermore, PROJECT by Equinox, E by Equinox, Pure Yoga and Equinox Explore. Its creative vision and strategic growth are led by Executive Chairman and Managing Partner Harvey Spevak.
It is an exciting yet critical time for our teams at Equinox Media and we're looking for a highly motivated individual Assistant Controller to join our growing accounting team and help establish and manage our accounting function as our teams invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and fitness that they love. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continually deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push our mission forward.
As the Assistant Controller you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the accounting function and for developing and implementing best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Responsible for establishing and managing all accounting operations (policies, procedures and controls) and accounting staff
- Oversee efficiency and accuracy of all transactional accounting activities (procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, fixed asset accounting, etc.)
- Responsible for oversight of account reconciliations, monthly accruals, month-end and year-end close procedures and the preparation of financial statements and management reports
- Provide technical accounting guidance on key accounting policies (revenue accounting, inventory accounting, production accounting, etc.) and oversee financial controls and compliance and upcoming accounting regulations
- Lead audits including year-end financial statement audit, periodic bank audits, and additional ad hoc compliance audits
- Interface with various external business professionals including tax professionals, valuation firm, law firms, etc.
- Work closely with the Finance Team to provide reporting and adhoc support as needed
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business issues
- Advises team regarding the handling of non-routine transactions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- CPA preferred
- 7 - 10 years of relevant accounting experience with Big 4 accounting firm and / or a private company or startup
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and lead a growing team
- Highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP, accounting processes, controls and compliance
- In depth revenue recognition knowledge, experience with ASC 606 preferred.
- Experience with media and project accounting preferred
- Experience with various accounting and finance technologies (NetSuite, Zuora, etc.)
Equinox Media is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate unique points of views & experiences across age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability & ethnicity in building the future of our digital business. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company. We want to inspire a workplace where individuals embrace their differences and similarities, where we are building products and experiences that inspire and improve people's lives.