Area Facilities Manager - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Area Facilities Manager - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
- Conduct thorough walk-throughs of the club(s)/studios on a continuous basis for appearances, non-functioning equipment, and building systems.
- Maintain an “open-door” policy by way of communication with all club management and operation leads.
- Works to keep all locations in stellar condition so that our brands are reflected in a positive light.
- Coordinates all planned work through the GM/AGM to make certain we do not impact the member experience.
- Respond to management inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Attend staff meetings as conducted by department management or as requested.
- Work closely with the clubs Maintenance Manager and team to co-exist and lend support.
- Operate with the utmost sense of urgency to correct issues that impact our member experience.
Building Systems & Equipment
- Understand all critical system locations and key players as new facilities/clubs are brought into the portfolio.
- Immediately address and direct all facility related challenges.
- Coordinate and manage mechanical, electrical, plumbing, glass and carpentry repairs, in addition to any other needed facility related items at each location.
- Monitor critical systems (HVAC, BMS, Leak Detection, Etc.) and equipment to make sure they’re at optimum operating levels.
- Record readings and make proper adjustments to ensure proper operation of building systems.
- Develops the scope of work for and manages quarterly refresh projects at each assigned location.
- Help manage all facility service contracts and sustain good standing vendor relationships.
- Ensure proper inventories of facility supplies (ceiling tiles, electrical components, plumbing fixtures, etc.) are readily available and organized properly.
- Available to supervise work during nights and weekends as needed, requested, or required.
- For after-hours work, plan to visit the site and coordinate/direct all special security requirements as directed.
- Respond to general, non-emergency facility emails within 24 hours as they apply to special club requests.
- On call 24/7 for the coordination and resolve of emergency situations.
- Ensure fitness equipment is on brand and operating as designed.
- Assist the fitness equipment repair technicians as needed.
- Assist in the one-off replacement of fitness equipment as well as annual equipment refreshes.
- Manage annual repair and maintenance budgets for each assigned location as well as individual project budgets to ensure compliance and spending diligence.
- Identify, bid out, and manage capital projects once approved by department management.
- Prepare work orders and issue purchase orders through Service Channel, our web-based work order system, in a timely fashion.
- Approve and process invoices for work performed through Service Channel.
- Ensure Equinox standards for quality, service and responsiveness are met on a continuous basis.
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
Education & Experience:
- Prior 2-4 years management experience of a team
- Minimum of two years of college or trade school
- Prior experience in construction, building operations and fitness equipment preferred.
- General “handyman” experience, with an eye for detail.
- Proven track record of maintaining assigned budgets.
- Any trade certifications is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a high mechanical aptitude for fitness equipment, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, plumbing and computer-controlled equipment and plumbing.
- Management experience of vendors across multiple trades.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational, communication, and multi-talking abilities.
- Outstanding customer service, responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Facilities services, construction, or project management experience/background is required.
- Previous experience managing work for facilities 30,000 square feet or larger.
- Proven experience managing facilities projects including maintaining detailed work records, costs, schedules and status updates.
- Thorough knowledge of all US compliance requirements.
- Successful track record meeting short deadlines under high pressure in a high-volume environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Exhibit willingness and ability to learn, adapt and improve the facility.
- Strong, detail-oriented communication skills.
- Proven problem solver who is well organized.
- Proficiency in e-mail communications, thus replying to inquiries within 24 hours.
- Extreme eye and attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires frequent walking and local club travel.
- Walking large, campus-like settings.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops at times.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft. and working from heights.
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
In accordance with Equinox’s policies and our ongoing commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, our members, and the community at large COVID-19 vaccines are required for employees in this position. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. In accordance with CDC's definition of fully vaccinated, full-course vaccination is defined as 14 days past an individual's last vaccination dose in their initial vaccine series (14 days past the second shot of a two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine; 14 days past the one-shot Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More