Accounting Manager of Revenue & Cash Management - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Accounting Manager of Revenue & Cash Management - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Accounting Manager of Revenue/Cash Management is a key position within our Finance Organization. The expectations for the role are to demonstrate strong and effective leadership over the monthly closing and reporting process.
The Accounting Manager will assist in the accounting and internal reporting of the Company. This individual will manage the month-end responsibilities of the Company, including but not limited to Revenue, cash and corporate expenses. Key deliverables will include recording Revenue and Cash into the general ledger, managing the accounting for ancillary businesses and ad hoc projects. The position will oversee the responsibilities of all staff/senior accountants and supervisor of cash audit.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company. Qualified candidates will bring a strong knowledge of GAAP, proven leadership ability, excellent communication skills and strong record of process improvements.
This individual will approach projects with a flexible, innovative, service-oriented approach, and a strong emphasis on system-based (rather than people-based) solutions and views change as an opportunity for career development and learning.
This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Accounting at the Company’s corporate headquarters.
- Manage the process for revenue entries and associated balance sheet accounts including cash, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue
- Manage Adyen implementation, oversee supervisor of cash audit
- Manage and delegate accounting responsibilities to the senior and staff accountants
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations to ensure financials are appropriately stated
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of internal financial reports
- Support the transactions and fluctuations of the P&L accounts with robust variance analysis
- Assist the Senior Manager of Accounting in implementing the strategic objectives of the Company’s finance group, including accounting software implementation and other initiatives
- Assist with corporate expenses and preparation of various supporting documents for the executives.
- Build rapport with club managers to assist with monthly financial inquires.
- Respond to inquiries from the field on a timely basis. Must be able to understand the intent of the users of the financial statements. Provide information which is meaningful to the users.
- Prepare ratios and other types of analytics to assist users of the financial statements, when needed
- Prepare various schedules and supporting documentation for the external audit
- Able to work and partner effectively with other departments, such as FP&A, Tax, Accounts payables, Treasury, and Payroll
- Assist and support financial planning and analysis group in preparation of annual budgets
- Career-minded and goal-oriented person who can see challenges as an opportunity for future advancements
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports in a leadership position. Ideally, 2 to 3 years in public followed by private experience.
- Bachelor’s in accounting, MBA or Masters Preferred
- CPA required
- Revenue/Cash experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and month-end close process
- Highly proficient PC skills in the areas of integrated business system environments, and other basic office software, such as, spreadsheet, database and word-processing.
- Intermediate excel functions required, able to manipulate large quantity of data using excel tools for data analysis, reporting and journey entry preparation/review.
- Highly analytical and skilled in identifying problem causes and effectively interpreting results of root cause analysis
- Work effectively as team leader and a team player who is flexible in developing and adapting new processes.
- Strong communications skills – in addition to competencies around editing and writing, candidate must also be able to communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones and checkpoints
- Project management skills - proven ability to oversee a project with objective of prioritizing and investing time appropriately
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal customers, and verify for accuracy
- Must be able to set expectations with internal customers, and meet those expectations
- Knowledge of Hyperion (Essbase), Microsoft Dynamics AX, JD Edwards, MOSO, Retail POS a plus.
- International experience a plus but not required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States