Manager of Employee Relations
Manager of Employee RelationsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Equinox Hotels and Equinox Media are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
- Manage and facilitate the employee relations function and related areas, ensuring fair and equitable treatment of all employees, consistent with Equinox’s principles
- Manages, develops and supports Employee Relations Specialist team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain current program objectives, policies, and procedures, with a continuous process improvement mindset
- Develop training program in partnership with Learning & Development for Club and Corporate Management teams.
- Conduct workplace investigations and resolve workplace conflicts; includes overseeing and managing all workplace investigations and formal or informal grievances, and ensuring they are handled compliantly, sensitively and without prejudice; this also includes all investigations are efficiently and consistently concluded, documented, and tracked
- Coach and train other HR staff supporting internal investigations and or other employee relations matters.
- Provide guidance to all levels of management, as needed, regarding a broad range of employee relations issues and inquires, including but not limited to employee accommodations, discipline, terminations, negotiated separations
- Partner with appropriate internal (HRBP, Legal, Compliance) and external (outside counsel, consultants) parties to resolve employee relations issues and/or drive employee relations initiatives within departments
- Analyze data, identify trends in employee relations metrics and propose preventive solutions
- Leverage business, industry, current employee relations trends and rulings and internal metrics data to anticipate and prepare for potential employee relations problems and escalate issues to management in a timely manner
- In partnership with Legal, operate as the lead for investigations and complaints from the Department of Labor (DOL), and other regulatory agencies
- Maintain discretion, confidentiality and security of all employee and proprietary company information, while always operating in an unbiased, high integrity, respectful manner that builds trust at all levels and demonstrates a sensitivity for cultural differences
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of employee investigations and significant employee relations expertise.
- Minimum of 4 years of People (HR) experience with at least 2 years specifically within Employee Relations, experience working in a union environment preferred.
- Advanced understanding of employment and HR related laws and regulations.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment.
- Builds strong partnerships and demonstrates ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and can make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to reason and compromise.
- Excellent strategic decision making, problem solving, critical thinking.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential matters with compassion while exhibiting exceptional professionalism and tact.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, independently, and collaboratively to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Uphold the company’s global policies, principles, protocols, and guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in Labor, Industrial Relations or Human Resources preferred.
- Location: New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, Miami, FL, Washington, D.C.
Pay Transparency: 111-129kAdditional Information
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Shop
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
THE EQUINOX EXPERIENCE
Looking to learn more about what the Equinox experience really means? Explore how we create a culture that is supportive, inspiring, and motivating.