District Shop Manager, Los Angeles - Equinox Fitness Clubs
District Shop Manager, Los Angeles - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The District Shop Manager is fiscally responsible for sales productivity and operational efficiency for all Equinox Shop locations in his/her designated territory. He/she is responsible for staffing positions and training them to operate Shops according to standard. Directs and motivates the sales team in their territory to ensure we provide the highest level of customer service to all Equinox members and guests.
The District Shop Manager also takes direction from the Regional Manager, club management and the Retail Corporate team on business strategy and action plans, assisting them in ensuring maximum productivity and compliance with all company policies and procedures within their individual territory.
- Responsible for ensuring proper coaching, training and developing both new and tenured Shop MODs and Associates in their territory, managing the process by identifying top trainers on his/her existing team, and personally training each new employee
- Assists Regional Manager, club management and the Retail Corporate team with hiring, training, coaching and development of Shop staff
- Creates a succession plan within the District/Region
SALES & SERVICE:
- Achievement of assigned monthly sales goals for their District
- Coaches and develops MODs and Shop Associates in selling tactics, tools and understanding key business metrics
- Ensures an unparalleled customer experience for all visitors to The Shop and to Equinox
- Acts in the best interest of the member when resolving issues related to The Shop
- Maintains knowledge of all club and Shop services, programs and products
- Understands the member and demographic of each club in his/her territory
- Engages in his/her local community, and assists Shop teams with doing the same
- Understands and upholds all loss prevention and inventory management policies on a consistent basis, and ensures total team adherence to these same policies
- Ensures both personal and team comprehension of all communication and training materials, and timely/accurate completion of all assigned operational tasks
- Assists Regional Shop Manager, club management and/or the Retail Corporate team with scheduling and shift coverage
- Completes/administers timely and thorough Shop Visit Audits, both formal and informal in nature.
PRODUCT & PRESENTATION
- Ensures that both The Shop and the Shop staff is reflective of the company brand standards; i.e., through proper execution of merchandising and marketing direction, and through adherence to The Shop dress code
- Enforces and maintains excellent housekeeping and organizational standards on sales floors, at cash wraps and in stockrooms
- Ensures Shops within territory are visually enticing through personal know-how, and through timely and complete communication with his/her Regional Shop Manager, club management and the Retail Corporate team
- Seeks creative solutions to challenges
- Adapts management style as needed
- Assesses and implements proper time management and activity during each visit to a store in his/her territory
- Builds effective relationships and partnerships with fellow employees, colleagues, supervisors and clients
- Maintains working knowledge of happenings and general standards and practices outside of The Shop in other departments to encourage camaraderie and team spirit
- Complies with and enforces all company policies and procedures; embraces and supports company initiatives
- Communicates clearly and effectively at all levels with both tact and diplomacy
- Understands when and how to self-assess and course-correct
- Successful through others
- Receptive to feedback and able to modify as needed
- Resolves personnel concerns fairly and in a timely manner
To successfully perform in this role, the individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- Multi Store/Store Manager experience preferred
- Proven leadership ability, and the ability to take direction
- Experience in a customer service business; preferably in retail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to relay product knowledge and services
- Basic computer skills and retail math knowledge
- Hardworking and diligent, possessing both honesty and personal integrity
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to utilize new techniques and ideas
- Be available to work a varied schedule, based on the needs of our unique retail business
- Physical requirements: lift/carry/move 40 lbs minimum including fixtures and product
- Ability to actively supervise a sales floor
- Able to travel to other Shops within the territory
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
All potential employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon an offer of employment unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More