District Manager, SoCal - SoulCycle
District Manager, SoCal - SoulCycleOverview
Who We Are
We’re purpose-driven. With every ride, we aim to redefine health and happiness. It’s all about being more than a workout: SoulCycle is a mind-body-soul experience, built on community, love, respect, acceptance, and a lot of fun. It comes to life through the ride, the relationships, and the unparalleled hospitality. And all of that comes from our people. Join us—we’d love to have you.
To foster an open, diverse, & inclusive community—while embracing each unique individual exactly as they are. We empower each other by listening with an open mind, finding ways to learn and grow together, and always nurturing a sanctuary of trust. To make a real, lasting impact, we’ll work nonstop to embrace and create change. Because nobody is equal until everyone is equal.Job Description
The District Manager will contribute to the company growth by expertly and efficiently managing their portfolio of 10+ studios within their designated district. The District Manager oversees the studio teams to ensure optimal hospitality & in-studio experience for riders, selling of classes, retail to hit targets, supporting collateral, training to reinforce SOPs to promote business growth and continuity. Coaching and developing their direct reports, which incudes staffing their studios. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the SoulCycle culture and brand.
The District Manager will report into the Regional Director. Work cross-functionally with People Services, Facilities, Talent, Operations, and Retail. The District Manager will partner with the corporate team on business strategy, action plans, assisting in ensuring maximum productivity, compliance with all company policies and procedures within their individual territory.
- INTERPERSONAL SAVVY
- Set the weather with your team so your Managers love to come to work
- Utilize your influence and experience to inspire your team to uphold high hospitality standards and SoulCycle’s core values
- Build and foster relationships between your Studio Managers and their regional and HQ support partners, guiding and empowering decision making
- Proactively identify and address opportunities for your studios and confidently manage conflict in high pressure situations
- BUSINESS ACUMEN
- Create strategic, holistic business plans across all studios and measure performance
- Use analysis, perspective, experience, and judgment when making decisions that impact your team and their businesses
- Exhibit a global perspective and challenge your team to make difficult decisions
- Keep current with knowledge of key competitors; monitor current trends in the industry and make recommendations to senior leadership
- Conduct and/or oversee studio walkthroughs, ensuring the district meets SoulCycle standards of friendliness, cleanliness, on-brand merchandising, and general maintenance. Ensure follow-up from HQ facility reviews is delegated appropriately and managed through to completion
- Oversee P&L responsibilities and evaluate regional weekly performance
- BUILDING EFFECTIVE TEAMS
- Foster the SoulCycle Community and Culture in your district
- Develop proactive people plans by constantly recruiting for your district and by addressing your team’s strengths and opportunities. Collaborate with HQ partners for support as needed
- Provide in the moment feedback and coaching to your team when necessary
- Oversee the onboarding, training and development of all new and seasoned Studio Managers
- Coach your Studio Managers on time management and prioritization of tasks/initiatives to ensure all deadlines are met
- LEARNING ON THE FLY
- Influence, embrace, and manage change across your district
- Ask questions, learn, and act quickly when faced with new problems
- Recognize operational opportunities and implement change across operational systems and processes by working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
- Demonstrate a solution-oriented mindset and ability to execute within company standards
- Be future-oriented and create new ways to add value to the changing needs of the business and the community
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership and HQ teams to update SoulCycle best practices and standard operating procedures
To successfully perform in this role, the individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- 3-5 years of Multi Store/Store Manager experience preferred
- Proven leadership ability, and the ability to take direction
- Experience in a customer service business; preferably in retail and hospitality
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to relay product knowledge and services
- Basic computer skills and retail math knowledge
- Hardworking and diligent, possessing both honesty and personal integrity
- Excellent time management, organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to utilize new techniques and ideas
- Be available to work a varied schedule, based on the needs of our unique retail business
- Physical requirements: lift/carry/move 80 lbs. minimum including fixtures and product
- Able to travel to other studios within the territory 70% of the time
For additional Information visit our Career Site: https://www.soul-cycle.com/careers/
Please note that SoulCycle has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, SoulCycle employees are required to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination. An applicant's offer of employment is also conditional until they can provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.