Area HR Business Partner, Los Angeles - SoulCycle
Area HR Business Partner, Los Angeles - SoulCycleOverview
Who We Are
We’re purpose-driven. With every ride, we aim to redefine health and happiness. It’s all about being more than a workout: SoulCycle is a mind-body-soul experience, built on community, love, respect, acceptance, and a lot of fun. It comes to life through the ride, the relationships, and the unparalleled hospitality. And all of that comes from our people. Join us—we’d love to have you.
To foster an open, diverse, & inclusive community—while embracing each unique individual exactly as they are. We empower each other by listening with an open mind, finding ways to learn and grow together, and always nurturing a sanctuary of trust. To make a real, lasting impact, we’ll work nonstop to embrace and create change. Because nobody is equal until everyone is equal.
The Area HR Business Partner - Field will provide guidance to an assigned geographic region of SoulCycle employees, and will work closely with HR leadership to support the following functional areas: onboarding, employee relations, training, policy & procedure creation and implementation, leave administration & worker’s compensation issues, and employment law compliance. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.Job Description
The Area HR Business Partner - Field will provide guidance to an assigned geographic region of SoulCycle employees, and will work closely with HR leadership to support the following functional areas: onboarding, employee relations, training, policy & procedure creation and implementation, leave administration & worker’s compensation issues, and employment law compliance. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee employee relations, counseling, and support of managerial & employee questions or concerns;
- recommend and implement proactive, long-term solutions to areas of opportunity within your business
- Partner with People Leaders, and other cross-functional partners to investigate, resolve and formally
- respond to a variety issues, including harassment, discrimination, performance management, policy violations, and so on, in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as applicable employment laws.
- Act as advisor and business partner to field staff for our West Coast and Central regions as it
- relates to various HR plans, programs and procedures. Assess and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of these programs and recommend updates and changes as needed.
- Participate in developing career paths, succession & staffing plans, to support a growing business
- comprising high-performing teams.
- Partner with HRIS to ensure accurate and up-to-date employee records are maintained in various
- HR systems, including hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, and terminations; create and compile reports to support recommendations and programs.
- Oversee performance management program, including regularly scheduled performance reviews for studio
- staff. Keep strong pulse on studio + instructor talent; recommend promotions, transfers and increases to senior People leadership to ensure continuity and consistency within your business.
- Act as Talent and Recruitment partner to Field Operations leadership; support with recruitment
- training and bench building within your market
- Partner with senior People leadership to ideate on engagement & culture within your region, and the entire company.
- Liaise with the payroll team, as needed, to coordinate timely and accurate payroll processing bi-weekly
- 4 - 5 years of experience in a true HR-role, preferably as a Generalist or Business Partner.
- A self-aware partner, with an incredible ability to build trusting & productive relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal & written.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility & adaptability.
- Prior HR-system (UltiPro) experience a huge plus, but not required.
- Ability to execute quickly and effectively.
- Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 40%
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
NOTE: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
“Equinox will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, Sections 4901-4920).”
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More