Senior Accountant - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Senior Accountant - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
Equinox Group is a high growth collective of the world's most influential, experiential, and differentiated lifestyle brands. We restlessly seek what is next for maximizing life - and boldly grow the lifestyle brands and experiences that define it. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, Soul Cycle and Equinox+, are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Our portfolio of brands is recognized globally with locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We are passionate about high-performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The expectations for the role are to demonstrate strong and effective execution management over the accounting and finance responsibilities specific to our London Equinox and Soul Cycle businesses.
The Senior Accountant will perform the month-end responsibilities of the Company, including but not limited to recording of operating expenses and revenues, inter-company transactions, and handling of accounts payables and treasury. This also includes review of monthly P&L reports with club/studio general managers, explaining variances to budget and answering any questions.
The Senior Accountant will also support with accounts payable processes, ensuring all payments are approved and paid on time.
The individual will act as the key contact with our external auditors for the annual financial audit for all UK entities, answering all audit requests in a timely manner and reviewing the financial statements and disclosures.
The Senior Accountant will also manage and support the development of the Staff Accountant, reviewing journals to ensure accurate month-end reporting and more generally assisting with progress of accounting knowledge and process improvement.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company. Qualified candidates will bring a strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP (a knowledge of US GAAP is a significant advantage), proven leadership ability, excellent communication skills, strong record of process improvements and change management.
This individual will approach projects with a flexible, innovative, service-oriented approach, and a strong emphasis on system-based (rather than people-based) solutions.
This position will report directly to the Senior Manager in the New York City Corporate Office.
- Perform the month-end close process including the recording of revenue, payroll, club general & administrative expenses, rent and corporate expense to the general ledger
- Maintain the accounting for inter-company transactions and manage consolidations of UK entities
- Research, development and implement strategic based processes to improve accounting and month-end close responsibilities
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure financials are appropriately stated and provide analytical commentary on balance changes
- Prepare monthly financial statements and communicate results to the NYC head office
- Support the transactions and fluctuations of the P&L accounts with robust variance analysis. Must be able to understand the intent of the users of the financial statements. Provide information which is meaningful to the users.
- Act as key contact with UK auditors for annual financial statement reports, prepare necessary schedules and supporting documentation.
- Handle periodic VAT filings and coordinate with the US head office and our 3rd party tax specialist on various tax reporting requirements.
- Oversee accounts payable process and track critical payments
- Manage and support with development of staff accountant
- Develop a strong working relationship with peers at London corporate office
- Respond to ad-hoc inquiries from the field on a timely basis.
- Able to work and partner effectively with the US Office departments, such as Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll, Real Estate, Retail, and Procurement
- Assist and support financial planning and analysis group in preparation of annual budgets
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports in a leadership position.
- A degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Qualified accountant (i.e, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or international equivalent
- Knowledge of ERP and reporting systems (Microsoft Dynamic AX & Hyperion) preferred
- Payroll experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and month-end close process
- Highly proficient PC skills in the areas of integrated business system environments, and other basic office software, such as, spreadsheet, database and word-processing.
- Highly analytical and skilled in identifying problem causes and effectively interpreting results of root cause analysis
- Work effectively as team leader and a team player who is flexible in developing and adapting new processes.
- Strong communications skills – in addition to competencies around editing and writing, candidate must also be able to communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones and checkpoints
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment
- We offer competitive salary, benefits, and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- Perks and incentives with our products and services including Personal Training, Pilates, Spa and Retail Shop
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.
Who We Are
This is where you can find the story that started it all and how we deliver the best experience time after time.Learn More
What Matters To Us
How do we stay on top? By letting our values drive our work and how we treat each other.Learn More
What We Offer
Our benefits and rewards support you in every way that matters.Learn More