We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Accounting Manager is a new position for our expanding corporate office in London. The expectations for the role are to demonstrate strong and effective execution management over the accounting and finance responsibilities specific to our London Equinox business.
The Accounting Manager will oversee the transition of and take on all responsibilities currently performed by our 3rd party bookkeeper in London and New York City corporate office. This includes understanding the current processes and developing and executing a transition plan. The ideal candidate will build out an accounting department, as business needs require, through hiring and training of staff accountants and accounts payable processors.
The individual will perform the month-end responsibilities of the Company, including but not limited to recording of operating expenses and revenues, inter-company transactions, and handling of accounts payables and treasury. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for processing invoices, recording of payroll expense and managing the UK general ledger.
The Accounting Manager will liaison with our external auditors for the annual financial audit for all UK entities.
The position will manage all new capital expenditures, including budget tracking and fixed asset accounting.
The candidate will be able to develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Company. Qualified candidates will bring a strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP (a knowledge of US GAAP is a significant advantage), proven leadership ability, excellent communication skills, strong record of process improvements and change management.
This individual will approach projects with a flexible, innovative, service-oriented approach, and a strong emphasis on system-based (rather than people-based) solutions.
This position will report directly to the Assistant Controller in the New York City Corporate Office.
- Transition book-keeping responsibilities from our 3rd party accounting firm and NYC office
- Perform the month-end close process including the recording of payroll, club general & administrative expenses, rent and corporate expense to the general ledger
- Maintain the accounting for inter-company transactions and manage consolidations of UK entities
- Research, development and implement strategic based processes to improve accounting and month-end close responsibilities
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and provide analytical commentary on balance changes
- Manage accounting for capital expenditures and tenant improvement allowances
- Prepare monthly financial statements and communicate results to the NYC home office
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations to ensure financials are appropriately stated
- Validate the accuracy and completeness of internal financial reports
- Support the transactions and fluctuations of the P&L accounts with robust variance analysis
- Liaison with UK auditors for annual financial statement reports
- Process and voucher accounts payable invoices
- Handle periodic VAT filings and coordinate with the US home office and our 3rd party tax specialist on various tax reporting requirements
- Develop a working relationship with peers at London corporate office
- Respond to inquiries from the field on a timely basis. Must be able to understand the intent of the users of the financial statements. Provide information which is meaningful to the users.
- Prepare various schedules and supporting documentation for the external audit
- Able to work and partner effectively with the US Office departments, such as Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll, Real Estate, Retail, and Procurement
- Assist and support financial planning and analysis group in preparation of annual budgets
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting, monthly close and preparation of various financial reports in a leadership position.
- A degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Qualified accountant (i.e, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or international equivalent
- Knowledge of ERP and reporting systems (Microsoft Dynamic AX & Hyperion) preferred
- Payroll experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and month-end close process
- Highly proficient PC skills in the areas of integrated business system environments, and other basic office software, such as, spreadsheet, database and word-processing.
- Highly analytical and skilled in identifying problem causes and effectively interpreting results of root cause analysis
- Work effectively as team leader and a team player who is flexible in developing and adapting new processes.
- Strong communications skills – in addition to competencies around editing and writing, candidate must also be able to communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones and checkpoints
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
Must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.