Human Resources Manager, London - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Human Resources Manager, London - Equinox Fitness Clubs
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for providing support, leadership and oversight of all Human Resources activities for the Company’s London market including employee relations, benefits, recruiting, payroll and compliance. Current scope is three clubs and 350 employees with expansion underway.
The HR Manager will report to the Regional Director of Human Resources, (who is based in the United States), and the Managing Director for the London market (based locally).
The Human Resources Manager is a strategic business partner who helps the region achieve its goals by being an advocate, change leader, and champion for inspiring achievement in our employee teams. The HR Manager will support all aspects of Human Resources management and administration. This individual will be the regional face of Equinox HR and must be comfortable with autonomous accountability to maintaining our high standards of support.
- Provide support, leadership and oversight of all Human Resources activities in London market
- Monitor, track, report and ensure compliance with local employment laws
- Conduct thorough investigations and develop solutions to complex employee issues and concerns
- Ensure successful execution and compliance with a wide range of employee initiatives and programs including orientation and onboarding, offboarding, employee events, benefits enrollment, leave of absence administration, compensation reviews, employment contracts, probation letters, reference requests, termination letters, etc.
- Assist in the creation of organizational and talent plans
- Assist managers with coaching, corrective actions, improvement plans, goal setting, performance reviews, and salary recommendations
- Support the recruiting and development efforts of current and future talent
- Support field team with job postings, sourcing, scheduling, interviewing and hiring
- Provide administration for Health & Safety function
- Complete management of UK pension enrollment and plan maintenance
- Supervise all aspects of Payroll, Benefits Administration, and Recruiting functions
You are great for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of Human Resources experience with an emphasis in employee relations
- Proven experience working through complex employee relations issues
- Experience supporting a multi-site field population
- Enjoy thinking strategically and bringing creative solutions to problems
- Have confidence, poise, and eloquence when speaking
- Display accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Ability to solve conflicts fairly and with a supportive approach
- Ability to set priorities and organize time
- Enthusiastic, energetic and personable
- Work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced environment with high standards
- Ability to travel to field locations within assigned region
- Have experience with a global business and international employment laws
- Formal education in human resources or a related field required; certifications a plus
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Complimentary Club membership
- 20 - 40% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
Applicant information will be kept in accordance with UK regulations. Must have a legal right to work in the UK.