Floor Host, St. James's - Equinox Fitness Clubs
Floor Host, St. James's - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Vancouver & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The Floor Host position is a six-month position intended to introduce people to careers at Equinox and the fitness industry. There is no expectation of continued employment after this six-month period, however all candidates will have the opportunity to interview for a full-time position as a Personal Trainer at our Kensington location. Along with this role all floor hosts will be a part of the internship program. The internship program is a unique opportunity to gain experience within the field with some of the world’s best trainers while working in one of the top facilities in London. TThe goal from the internship program is to create great industry leading trainers who will want to transition over to Kensington or Bishopsgate to start a career as a personal trainer with Equinox
- Maintain a “camera ready” fitness floor – organized and free from clutter
- Towel distribution to members every 30 mins in cardio, weight and stretch areas
- Assist members in the cardio area with TVs and fitness equipment technology
- Return equipment to its proper place
- Help advise members on appropriate use of equipment.
- Answering general member questions (location of equipment, location of studios, etc)
- Offer a stretch service to all members
- Relevant education or work experience in the fitness field (Level 3 certification in Fitness.)
- Relevant education or work experience in hospitality or retail
- Demonstrated consistent involvement in fitness related activities
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
"High Performance Living”
Join our Talent Network and get Equinox news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
You have not viewes any jobs recently.
You have not saved any jobs.
Looking to learn more about who we are, what we stand for, and what the Equinox experience really is? Explore how we go beyond fitness to create a culture that is supportive, drives you forward, and never settles for less than the best.