Personal Trainer Internship - ChicagoApply
Personal Trainer Internship - Chicago
Equinox Personal Trainers provide personalized attention, professional instruction, and exercise programming to each member to maximize the member’s health, fitness, and wellness goals while providing the highest level of customer service. Join us and discover a dynamic work environment built around helping others maximize their potential, where limitless opportunity is cultivated by the highest in industry standards across training, education, marketing, media and sales.
We are currently accepting Personal Training Interns for our Greater Chicago area. Locations include: The Loop, Lincoln Park, Gold Coast, and our suburban area location in Highland Park, IL.
As an Equinox Personal Training Intern, you will be afforded the opportunity to shadow and learn from industry experts and leaders in our state-of-the-art facilities. Students will be taught by and work side-by-side with industry experts to gain hands-on experience and develop their health and fitness knowledge. At its core, this program is designed to enhance each student’s preexisting knowledge and turn it into real world practical experience. By the end of the internship, a student will understand what it takes to establish them self as Personal Trainer.
The program is targeted for students who want to supplement their training with relevant industry experience and a first-hand glimpse into their chosen career path. Students will be given the opportunity to participate in our in-house proprietary education program, Equinox Fitness Training Institute (EFTI), along with Tier I, II, III, 3+ and 4 trainers. This in-depth curriculum will help to evaluate students based on their ability to learn quickly, perform, motivate and educate others. Throughout the program, students will also research presentations for our trainers, design and present client programs based on specific case studies, develop various testing batteries for special populations, and head-up and design a client recruitment event.
- Students must be eligible to earn academic credit for their work
- At least 2-years completion towards an undergraduate degree: Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Personal Training, or other applicable majors preferred
- An outgoing and personable disposition, able to socialize with others
- A passion for fitness and helping others reach their health and wellness goals
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-service oriented and an ability to understand or quickly grasp, customer priorities and terminology
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Results oriented with an ability to organize, prioritize and manage time
- Self-starter capable of operating with little supervision
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Previous Personal Training experience preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly
To learn more about Equinox and our exciting career opportunities, visit careers.equinox.com EOE.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE