Regional Director - Facilities, California & Canada - Equinox Fitness ClubsApply
Regional Director - Facilities, California & Canada - Equinox Fitness ClubsOverview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and Furthermore are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 170 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach – investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don’t settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what’s new, what’s now, what’s next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren’t just a company; we’re a community vested in each other’s success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.Job Description
The West Regional Director of Facilities owns all building, equipment and staffing responsibilities/activities across all clubs and corporate locations in California & Canada. The Regions includes all Southern California locations while the Northwest Region includes Northern California, Vancouver BC and Toronto. The selected individual must be a self-starter and be able to lead an in-house team of Area Facilities Managers, Equipment Repair Technicians, Ecrew (in-house repair team) Plumbers and Carpenters along with outside vendors and contractors. In addition, this individual must be able to manage and oversee projects of all sizes and scope.
The successful candidate must possess a strong understanding and have experience managing OpEx and CapEx budgets for a large multi-site organization. Financial analytical and cash flow planning skills are a must in this role. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the organizations businesses partners in Clubs, Operations, Design and Construction teams is critical. The end goal is always providing a best-in-class member experience and to make certain our facilities reflect same.
- Develops, communicates and ensures compliance of facilities standards across all clubs.
- Supervises and provides leadership to the general operations of the department.
- Manages team of Area Facilities Managers, repair technicians and outside providers.
- Manages contract services and directs crews including Fitness Equipment Repair and Ecrew.
- Manages tracking system for regular preventative maintenance schedules and ongoing requests.
- Oversees work order management (Service Channel) and reporting system to ensure the team is attending to them efficiently and completely.
- Provide effective leadership, guidance, and support to managers and staff in a variety of trades and professional disciplines.
- Responsible for the daily, short-term and long-term organization, development, review, prioritization, budgeting, and accomplishment of maintenance and projects in support of the company’s mission and goals.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director of Facilities Finance, prepares the annual facilities budget; Manages the facilities budget on an ongoing basis, including accurate tracking and forecasting expenditures.
- Collaborate with and support company stakeholders including Operations, Entitlements, Design, IT, Loss Prevention, Real Estate and Construction.
- Ensures compliance with applicable building and safety codes, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, hazardous materials in collaboration with the Entitlements team.
- Developing and maintaining project plans for a range of projects of different sizes, ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, managing risks, and escalating issues when necessary.
- Maintain and ensure adherence to project budgets.
- Responsible for ongoing project evaluation, ensuring all tasks are complete on time, meeting all stakeholder’s business requirements.
- Develop and maintain contractor and vendor relationships.
- Direct Reports: Area Facilities Managers, Fitness Equipment Repair Team, Ecrew Team.
- Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees within the department; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior 4-8 years management experience of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction or Engineering preferred.
- Prior experience in construction, building operations and fitness industry preferred.
- Proven track record of maintaining assigned budgets.
- PMP, CFM, OSHA and other certificates
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrate a high mechanical aptitude for fitness equipment, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, plumbing and computer-controlled equipment and plumbing.
- 10-30% travel required.
- Driving mileage expensed between locations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café’ services and Shop items